Wednesday 2 November 2011

Colour corner.

Add some colour to a corner with a fantastic statement chair!

One of my many jobs I have on my DIY list of things to do is re-upholster an old retro armchair. It's a fantastic chair my Dad found in his loft and lovingly gave to me yet the excuse of not having done it yet, is I can't decide what fabric to use and if I do pick something I'm worried I'll find something better after! So instead it's holes are covered with old throws and cushions.

However one thing I'm sure is that I want it to be one of my future statement chairs I can take from house to house! And what makes a statement chair, well more of a statement is a fantastic vibrate luxurious colourful fabric!
I love this yellow armchair with cute lilac back buttons to match the wall, together with the colourful fairy lights and flower arrangement brings this statement corner together. The playful cushions invites  you to cozy up with a great book!

My chair is of similar style to the recently sold out Phoebe Chair from Made.com which always delivers when it comes to style and great furniture bargains!







I cannot comment about statement chairs without mentioning an upholsterer whom I have admired for a while now and had the pleasure of meeting, Kirsty Hull.
She is known for transforming vintage furniture by reupholstering and adding clever stitching detail picking out patterns from the chosen fabric or adding simple yet stylish twist to classic furniture.

 A current favorite is 'Olga'. The sharp contrast between the black wooden frame and gorgeous pink fabric helps to border the subtle lined stitching from the front checked pattern and the more feminine back picking out the delicate flowers. Absolutely stunningly clever!


No comments:

Post a Comment