Monday 7 November 2011

The Birds and The Butterflies...

Who doesn't find birds and butterflies simply precious? 
It takes a fine eye to create a subtle beauty using the elegance that birds and butterflies grace in our gardens for our homes, without looking like your in a zoo!

These sweet little plates which could lean on the chintz side have been reinvented into wall art with the addition of  perching birds. I know the days are getting colder and heading into winter but this wall brings everything that's so sweet and delicate about spring.





If your someone like myself who is renting, and although I have so many ideas I want to create for my own place there is always that barrier to get things done!
However I love this sweet flutter of butterflies as an imitation headboard.

So easily made from your favorite colours and patterns thickened with card and simply pinned into the wall. What a great idea for renters!

Similarly, jazzing up a plain lampshade by adding 3D butterflies and creating a story giving the appearance they have escaped from a framed collection of butterflies. Clever idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment