Monday 16 January 2012

Add a Little colour to your Blue Monday.

The third Monday of January is officially named 'Blue Monday' deemed the most depressing day of the year. Due to the Christmas spirit is finally over and supposedly by now we have all given up on our resolutions. How very positive indeed!

So ignoring that I am supposed to be depressed today and continuing with this 'new year, new start' theory I have chosen a selection of some favorite organised areas from another fantastic colourful blog @Bight.Bazaar.
Mr Bazaar provides a personal point of view from beautiful photography, latest products and interiors, all worthy of being so colourful and fresh, stating the slogan '...because beige is boring'
I salute you Mr Bazaar!

These designs are so inspiring to me because it's breaks away from the norm, utilising space for storage without a straight shelved oak bookcase in sight!

 Painting these low positioned wall-length shelves in the same colour as the walls, proudly displaying all your personal possessions, from collections to books and magazines, all these objects write a description of you and the things you love.

Here we have a fun example of how to utilise awkward spaces to maximum effect. Reaching high to the ceiling the shelves are lost within the abundance of colourful spines of (I'm sure inspiring) books and gorgeous boxes. It gives the impression they all defy gravity piled high on top of each other.


This is my ideal organised place! I do a lot of sewing and making things and this screams at me as the perfect place to tidy up at the end of the day. Meeting perfectly with my organised side with my fun colourful side, providing each element with a little cubby hole so you know exactly where everything is. Along with the stunning blue door and white walls I could work for hours in this room!


For a simpler idea, adapt a table bench into a handy hideaway for all your papers. Could it even make filing fun?! Hmm... maybe not quite.
How about using colourful boxes instead to store away easy to reach items.
P.S loving the mixture of dining chairs!

I hope these colourful storage solutions inspire you to get a little organised!
Check out Bright.Bazaar for a unique London look at all things colourful.

Add a Little colour to your Blue Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment